We provide specialist tax litigation and dispute resolution support, including:
- Assisting clients in dealing with taxation audits and requests from the Australian Taxation Office for information on their business affairs;
- Representing clients in disputes with the Office of State Revenue in land tax, stamp duty and pay-roll tax matters;
- Representing clients in disputes with the Australian Taxation Office in income tax, capital gains tax (“CGT”), Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) and Fringe Benefits Tax (“FBT”) matters;
- Conducting settlement negotiations with the various taxation authorities on behalf of clients who have disputes with the Australian Taxation Office and state revenue authorities;
- Preparing objections to assessments;
- Preparing appeals to the federal and state courts and tribunals including the Federal Court, Supreme Court, Administrative Appeals Tribunal and New South Wales Civil & Administrative Tribunal; and
- Obtaining private binding rulings on proposed business arrangements.
Our firm’s focus is on achieving a superior result in a cost effective and timely manner.
We offer various options and recommendations to achieve the most commercial solution with less disruption to business. Where litigation is the appropriate course, we pursue this efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.